Thursday, December 11, 2008

Full Tilt - suckout heaven today

I was in a 150 man tourney today and as we were nearing the end of the tourney, it was absolute suckout heaven there. Everytime a short stack pushed all in, they got called by a crappy hand and the crap hand won every time. With the exception of one guy who kept pulling aces out of his ass like they were flowers, they held up ...

My final hand was A10 and when I saw some guy reship it over my all in and show A7, I high-fived the monitor, but the flop was A7 eliminating me in 8th place.
Too bad, I played really well ... key change I made in LOW STAKES tourneys now, and I wouldn't try this too much at $5 or $10, but works great for lower stakes is :
TRAPPING !.. Instead of betting out when you pair up on the flop, check raise the mofos, all-in if needed. Looks stronger, feels great and it earns you more chips. If it's really TPTP (top pair top kicker) you may want to try to extract even more value by just flat calling their raise and just value betting the turn and river ...

And those were my strategy tips for today !

No comments: